My Counselling Story
Experienced. Certified. Supportive.
I’ve been a Counselling Professional since 2018, helping my clients achieve their personal and professional goals. The essence of my work is to facilitate self-growth by helping you identify the core challenges and setbacks in your life so that you can overcome them with confidence.
Although my training background is in psychodynamic practice, I am not wedded to one particular theory, instead believing that different methods and interventions work for different people.
I specialise in creating personalised plans and providing tools to guide you forward and achieve your desired goals.
If you want to know more about me, have a look at my blog which can be found here:
Experience, Qualifications, and Training
Foundation in Psychodynamic Counselling via The Counselling Foundation https://counsellingfoundation.org/
Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (as above)
Certificate of Proficiency (MBACP)
Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling via Counselling Tutor https://www.counsellingtutor.com/
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certification Training via PESI Uk
Group Supervision at The Counselling Foundation (Bedford)
2016 - 2020
The Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living (ended due to COVID-19)
In The Moment Counselling Helpline Worker at Care First
2019 - Current
Private practice in Milton Keynes & Online/Telephone
Specific professional development in:
via Carolyn Spring Ltd https://www.carolynspring.com/
– Trauma & The Body: Somatisation and Dissociation
– Dissociation and DID: The Fundamentals
– Working with Dissociative Disorder in Clinical Practice
– Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
– Child Sexual Abuse: Hope For Healing
– Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-harm
- Working with Shame
Neuroplasticity Life Coach Complete Certificate Course (Udemy)
Further relevant development:
-– An Introduction to Brief Solution Focused Therapy (LearnRelate.org)
– How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer (BACP with OU)
– A practical guide to UK human rights and discrimination law (OU)
– Safeguarding Adults Awareness Training (Common Induction Standard 6) via NAPPI Uk.
– Induction Training: Communication Skills and Lone Working via Druglink https://www.druglink.co.uk
The above is supplemented by e-learning also via Druglink on Housing Basics; Equalities & Diversity; Data Protection Act essentials; Drug & Alcohol Awareness; The Cycle of Change.